Speech Path of Brevard is proud to announce the availability of in-office speech and swallowing therapy in local physician and pediatrician office locations. Speech Path services meet the needs of Brevard County children by offering early intervention to supplement efforts by Brevard County Schools or the Early Steps/Child Find Programs.
The Speech Path Difference
Speech Path treats a wide variety of conditions (feeding/swallowing, sensory related issues with feeding including texture aversions, oral motor strengthening, oral motor planning/Apraxia) and the frequency/duration of services are tailored to each child’s needs.
- Provide services under many insurance plans (including Medicaid)
- Come to the physician’s location to provide speech and swallowing therapy services
- Lease a space in the physician’s facility, if needed
Did you know…
Brevard County Schools
- Only serve preschool and school age children (3 yrs. & up)
- Mandated 60 day timeline procedures (which slow the process)
- Require a lengthy 4-6 weeks of data collection prior to testing for language services
- Patients have to meet very specific criteria for eligibility
- Service has to be “educationally relevant”
- Programs do not treat feeding/swallowing issues
- Typically 30 minute sessions twice a week in groups of 3-5 with little time for personal attention
- Frequency/duration is determined by SLP availability due to extraneous duties (i.e. car duty, lunch duty)
Early Steps/Child Find Programs:
- Only serve birth to 3 years of age – in home/Children’s Center
- Have very specific criteria for eligibility
- Require a long wait list in your area
- Require driving 3-4 year olds to a school location consultations and therapy and only receive 30 minutes due to SLP scheduling
- Sessions typically take place in groups versus 1-on-1
- Parents report vague responses when inquiring about service eligibility and qualifications
Speech Path of Brevard is dedicated to providing quality speech and language therapy services for children across Brevard County. To learn more about receiving Speech Path services in your pediatrician’s office, contact us at 321-622-8792.